We are proud to announce that over the last few weeks we prepared a new build with quite a few new features. It is currently available as a release candidate.
We could have called it memoQ 4.6... but we have more and more sophisticated ideas in mind for the next major version of memoQ. memoQ 4.5.64 is now available through the direct links below, as well as the Downloads section of our website.
The release candidate status means that while due testing has been done, with the amount of new features and changes, we felt it's better not to call it a "normal" release. We expect that the release candidate tag will be removed in a few days, at which point these memoQ and memoQ server builds become a normal release, without any changes.
While memoQ is in release candidate status, AutoUpdate will not be enabled for it. When it turns into a normal release, it will become available through AutoUpdate as well.
memoQ 4.5.64 installer
memoQ server 4.5.64 installer
Full memoQ server 4.5.64 installer (contains SQL Server Express)
Important: The server installer has been upgraded to support SQL Server 2008. Because of the significant changes, be sure to back up your database before running the installer for extra safety. Before upgrading your server from version 4.2, please e-mail us to make sure your 4.5 license is ready.
The highlights of this version include:
- Custom metadata, and a sophisticated filtering and penalty logic in the translation memory. If your organization needs to work with metadata differently from the way it is used in memoQ, you can now set up custom metadata information for your translation memories. The custom metadata can be updated during translation, and you can apply penalties and filters based on metadata. This makes enterprise-level translation memory management in memoQ more flexible.
- Target-language concordance. Using the target-language concordance, you can easily find out whether an expression exists in the target language. Used in conjunction with bilingual or monolingual documents in LiveDocs corpora, target-language concordance is a valuable research tool for both translators and reviewers.
- Project-specific translation memories. If you don't want to lend a comprehensive or large translation memory, but pre-translating is not enough, you can export a project-specific subset from your translation memory that contains exact and fuzzy matches relevant to the translation documents.
- Option to prevent confirmation of segments when the source and target are identical. You can prevent cluttered TMs by not allowing identical source and target segments to be written into the TM.
- XML schema support (in creating XML filter configurations). Besides parsing DTD and reference files, memoQ now also supports XML schemata when creating a new XML filter.
- New QA checks for forbidden characters and auto-translatables. memoQ can now check whether the auto-translatables that appear in the source are also used correctly in the target. Furthermore, you can specify characters that should not appear in the translation and memoQ will check for these. (memoQ already checks for forbidden terms.).
- Silent installer. For large enterprise deployments, there is now a possibility to install and activate memoQ without user interaction.
- XSLT preview for XML files. For XML files, you can now specify an XSLT style sheet that will be used to render the contents of an XML file into a nicely formatted preview document that is updated real-time as you translate
- Support for SQL Server 2008 R2 as the database engine for memoQ server
Fixes and enhancements since build 4.5.29:
- Optimizations and improved robustness for large projects (thousands of documents)
- Improved robustness for the storage and handling of LiveDocs corpora
- A problem with using reversible TMs when managing online projects has been fixed
- When adding multiple alignments from a folder, the name of the document now contains the relative path (for identification of documents with duplicate names)
- DOCM files (the "macro-enabled" version of DOCX) are now directly recognized
- Fixes to minor issues with the following document filters: Word DOCX, XLIFF, Excel XLS
- Eliminated "false positives" in the on-the-fly spell checker at non-breaking spaces
- Long-standing issues with filtering in the TM editor are now resolved
- Fixed a bug that prevented synchronization of locked segments under some circumstances